美东生活和征人廣告

Tea House - 北京人民艺术剧院

Back To Topic List
Michelle
Message 1, original message
Tea House - 北京人民艺术剧院 Reply

"Tea House" by Beijing People's Art Theater is coming into the town starting Thanksgiving weekend!
"Tea House" is a classic. Any play, new or old, is measured its success using "Tea House" as a bench mark. So if you have not got a chance to see it before, you should check it out.
Tickets can be ordered at:
http://www.ivymedia.com/concert/teahouse2005/.

Please read the following comments by others.

~ Beijing People's Art Theater 北京人民艺术剧院
Background: The "Yu Tai" teahouse in the ancient capital of Beijing was a witness and a microcosm of the times. The playwright, Lao She, who has been honored with the title of People’s Artist, (the only writer to be thus designated in the PRC ) thus condemns and buries three crucial periods in China’s recent history, and transpires his hopes and love for the new society of which he was an active and ardent participant.

About the story: "TEAHOUSE - A Play in Three Acts" by LAO SHE

"The Teahouse gave me very deep impression. I can see the political changes with different social status influenced people’s lives and behaviors deeply. ...Many audiences still kept very deep impression on the Teahouse till today. The most touched in the play I think is its humanistic concernment of human beings.” –Manfred Beilharz, The President of International Theatre Institute

"The Teahouse is not an easy performance. It cannot be presented only by a few first rate actors. It needs a genuine theatre." - Ying Ruocheng [Chinese Actor, was in Last Emperor, Little Buddha]

Back To Topic List

Copyright © 2003-2008 National Sun Yat-Sen University Alumni Association, Inc. All rights reserved.
This website is powered by